Sunday 26 April 2009

Sigh

I was out tonight at a joint hen and stag night (people out there note: don't do it). I haven't been out in a year(!) and I haven't seen some of the people I would have gone out with in that time. I looked around at them, all friends from uni, and I wondered what I had in common with them. And I wondered was it time to leave the friendships behind: not that we've fallen out but that we've all moved on. And then I thought but what do I move on to. I haven't made more friends in that time and I don't know how to make more friends. I don't know what I like to do any more or how to find out what I like to do. Part of me wants to go out like we used to go out and let loose and really enjoy myself, the other part of me can't be bothered changing my weekends and making that effort. I would love to have a partner, someone to share things with, someone who is always there, who makes me laugh, who is there for me when I fall and cry, when I'm tired and low, but how do you find someone like that if you don't go out, and if you do go out where do you go to find them?

1 comment:

BenefitScroungingScum said...

Ugh, it's so difficult this one. I have actually had to remake an entire set of friends since getting really um, bended out, so it is do-able but it wasn't easy. Trick is make one good friend, the rest comes from there. What kind of things are you into? Are there any local groups doing that kind of thing? Online dating is GREAT for meeting people because you can hide behind the safety of t'internet until you feel ready to take that next step. Are there any other bloggers near you you could meet up with?
Hope you find the way in soon, thinking of you, BG x