Monday 6 April 2009

talking

The psychology appointment wasn't so bad after all. It was simply an assessment to see whether I would be suitable for treatment and I managed to talk and describe things ok to him. He thinks I would benefit from longer term therapy looking at, as he put it "the nuts and bolts" of why I'm feeling like this rather than the coping mechanism strategies. Apparently you only get 6 sessions now rather than 10 so the longer term treatment would look at 15 sessions. Apparently I scored highly on both the depression and anxiety tables (initially I wasn't sure if that was good or bad: it's bad: I'm depressed and anxious), and he suggested I talk to my GP again about the anti-depressants I'm on. So I may try and do that on Thursday when I see her about my (still) swollen joints.

At present I'm back in the office trying to work on THE BOOK and wondering does 5 days to go merit a phone call to former supervisor for a cry on his shoulder.

No comments: