Monday 27 April 2009

Joints

They've swollen again on me. ARGH. Both knees had gone by the time I got up from my desk from a couple of hours proof reading. The only thing I had done differently was wear a pair of heels about an inch and a half high and walk to work which is just short of a mile. Now I'm in a quandary about what to do: GP said to go back but she's always booked up for a week in advance as she's only in Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursday half day and I don't want to see another one. With the bank holiday next Monday, me in London for the arc interview on Wednesday and me off to Portugal the following Wed 13th May if I do make an appointment to see it will only be to say that the injection worked for 10 days and then stopped. After that it will be after I come back from Portugal (end of May as heading to London for a conference directly from Portugal) that anything will be able to be done. Tired even thinking about it.

One more lecture tomorrow morning at 9am and then only 3 hours left of teaching. Thank God. Then just the exams to mark. And then summer is free, well officially research but as the book will hopefully be off to the publishers on Friday I think I can have a break and rest up for a while.

I'm also going to be busy over the next few months as, wait for it, I'm sale agreed on an apartment 2 doors down from where I am now:) It all happened so quickly so that's why no blogging about it. So I'm looking forward to choosing lots of nice new things and moving into my new home over the summer.

No comments: