Sunday 31 October 2010

The Shame - Part1

One of the things DD banned me from last week was alcohol: he also showed me the weight loss record of another client from July 2010.  Banning alcohol doesn't really have that much effect on me because as methotrexate is toxic to organs, I'm not meant to drink at all, or certainly only small amounts occasionally.  And the majority of the time I don't drink. 

On Friday my research group went out for an Indian.  We met in a pub beforehand and I was excellent, only having a sparkling water and lime.  Journied on to the Indian where I ordered lamb garlic chilli and boiled rice (breaking red meat ban and carbs ban) and tucked into poppadums.  I accepted one glass of wine.  I was telling one of my colleagues about the diet sheet a personal trainer had given me (not mentioning that he was my personal trainer) and explaining 5 small meals a day, no carbs etc.  I went on to say how he was built like a tank and drop dead gorgeous.  Conversation continued on until someone got up from the table directly opposite me and I heard this voice: "Alhi, well hello!"  Gulp, it was DD.  I glanced at wine glass and looking like a rabbit caught in headlights said Hello as silence fell around my table and everyone stared at him.  He said "I hope you have a packed lunch with you!"  At which stage I mouthed "F*** off" and he disappeared to the toilet.  I was mortified and could feel the colour rushing to my face.  However, worse was to come.

No comments: