Thursday 21 October 2010

Life

And so, today it was the stomach and arms.  First though it was the weigh in - I lost 2lb!  I couldn't believe it: since the first weigh in I have eaten 4 cupcakes, 2 caramel squares and a caramel muffin: not good: far more than I normally eat of sweet stuff.  So clearly the FBD is working.  As of tomorrow though, it's working on the diet and exercise.  DD gave me his diet sheet: I would definitely lose weight following it: 5 small meals a day with some of the meals comprising nuts, seeds, yoghurts: not stuff that I can like and actually stuff that makes me want to puke.  So I'm going to essentially be cutting out the crap and eating sensibly.  I'm to lose another 2lb by next Wednesday but I'd love to lose more.  Tomorrow is rest day so I'm going to have a swim instead.  Unfortunately I have to go Saturday and Sunday though:(

As for the stomach and arms, it was fairly tough.  I made the mistake of saying that only my thighs were sore after last week and I could manage everything and then said I have a high pain threshold - well after having hip pain for so long, various other joints aching on a regular basis and a hip replacement, if I couldn't tolerate pain then I'd be pretty pathetic!  Anyway, I think it is now his mission to make me feel serious pain (from my muscles being used!).  I can feel my shoulders have been used but that's it.  I love the weights work, could do without the treadmill.  Sometimes though, I think that my arms bulk up fairly quickly, but I'm sure DD won't have me looking like a sumo wrestler. 

He could only take me next Wednesday at 11.30 so I'm being naughty and cancelling my blood tests and asthma review.  I'll make them for again though once I look at my diary and schedule in my appointments with DD.  They're more important right now! 

On other stuff, things continue as normal.  Work is rubbish, the cuts are hitting higher education and we were told yesterday that the biggest expenditure in our department is salaries.  So with the end of probation approaching I'm not holding out many hopes for actually being confirmed and progressing on.  I also didn't get shortlisted for a job somewhere else that a friend did get shortlisted for, who hasn't yet got their PhD.  I've asked for feedback but got some rubbish back so I asked for more, but no reply yet.  I'm not letting it go and I told them I knew someone without a PhD had been shortlisted.  It just really annoyed and upset me.  I think it's lucky that I have DD and the gym to get rid of my frustration otherwise I'd be using other more harmful ways.

No comments: