Monday 18 October 2010

Jinx

Following on from Saturday's FBD and the disaster with the treadmill being in mph and not kph I went to my own gym today to do the FBD (and tomorrow and Wednesday).  I'm meant to do 30 mins leading to 3km of varying inclines and distances.  I followed DD's notes to the letter ... and ended up with 33 mins and 2.94km.  I have no idea where I'm going wrong.  I also skipped the stretches again.  I know, I know, it's bad of me, but I hate doing them.  I'll try and do most of them before bed tonight to make up for it.  I think the FBD got slightly easier today from when I first did it: I could only manage 20 lengths after the first time but managed 40 lengths today.  On the other hand that could be because I didn't do the stretches.  Sigh. 

I don't know if I mentioned I have a new admin role in my dpeartment.  It's running a new personal tutor scheme essentially, but as all other schemes have slowly petered out (actually fairly quickly) it was a role that no one else would want.  Anyway, so far it seems to be going ok (it involved designing a new framework) and tonight I got an email from a member staff saying I was doing a great job.  It really is things like that that make all the difference. 

Wish me luck for tomorrow's FBD and hopefully it will be 30mins this time!

No comments: