Sunday 17 October 2010

Round 2

So, round 2 with dishy Dave (DD) was on Friday.  Hurting slightly more after that one.  It was time to work on bum, thighs and shoulders.  Apparently I am strong as well as flexible.  Strange the things you learn:)

It was all about lunges and step-ups onto benches.  I actually thought I couldn't do lunges or step ups but he has a rope type thing that helps stablise you.  I still felt pretty unsafe doing the step ups!  He warned me I would be sore on the Saturday but I was nowhere near as bad as I expected to be.  My thighs were, and still are, the most painful, but my bum and shoulders are fine (must be the swimming).  I had 'homework' to do yesterday: the dreaded treadmill workout.  I was at home at my parents so had to go to the public gym there (actually state of the art).  It was hilarious: first off, the treadmill was programmed to miles so I was working out the equivalent of 6km/hour in miles/hour and so on, for 30 mins!  I walked for 1.8 miles which I think is equivalent to 3km?  It was only when I finished did I work out you could change the programming to km/hour!  Talk about feeling foolish.  I will admit to not doing the stretches: I was slightly worried that if I lay down on the mat that I wouldn't be able to get up again! 

Today then was rest day and then the next 3 days is the treadmill routine until I see him on Thursday.  Treadmill routine is known as fat burning day (FBD).  I have no idea if it's working as I've eaten like a pig for the last few days so not sure if I will meet my target of 3lb off by Thursday.  Will keep plugging away though.

On Friday when I arrived home to do a quick clean before heading to the parental home.  I had a leak in my en suite from the flat above.  I had had a minor dripping leak when the shower was on in the flat above a few weeks ago but I reported it to the management company and it was fixed, or so I thought.  It turns out that the owner of the flat refused to allow the janitor to fix the leak saying he would do it himself.  Well, it's backfired on him as now there's a hole in my ceiling which will need fixed and he's going to be billed for it.  As I put in a new en suite last year I want it back to looking perfect. 

No comments: