Tuesday 24 February 2009

down-ness

I'm feeling pretty bad and have been since Saturday evening. It just hit me for some reason right in the middle of the cinema. All of a sudden I started thinking about being 31 and having had a hip replacement and I just started wondering what's going to happen when I'm 60. 70, 80. It's stupid because no one knows what's going to happen but it just really got me down.
Then I was teaching all day on Monday and had a meeting in my lunch hour. The meeting was about a new proposed postgrad programme that is in my area and, other than not actually being a law postgrad, in spite of the name, I discovered that even though I am the only one who is truly in the area, I am the only one who was not consulted in any way until after the proposal was drafted. It's just typical of the law school: all the others who were asked about it were men. Such an old boy's network. And I knew that but this has so annoyed me. And the condescending manner in which I was spoken to didn't help. Then I didn't sleep last night in spite of the sleeping tablets so I've been feeling really groggy, fragile and weepy all day.

No comments: