Wednesday 10 September 2008

Wrong side of bed

All the newbies were having their photograph taken for the school website today so I washed my hair this morning in readiness. My hair is naturally wavy and if I try hard it can actually be curly although only for the one day. For some unfathomable reason, I decided to straighten it this morning. Disaster! I ended up putting it up with its usual clasp. However, it was not until I tried to put on my new shoes that I lost my temper. Because of the hip replacement it can be difficult for me to get buckles done or laces tied. I have no idea how long I sat before I managed it. This ended up upsetting me and so I arrived at the university in foul form, which continued throughout the final induction meeting, exacerbated because the chair was prone to ramble on far more than was necessary! I left as soon as it was over and the chair then arrived down at my office to ask me for a coffee tomorrow afternoon!

My mood has picked up now: the photo session went better than expected and we were able to choose the best of 4 photos and then had a nice lunch. Tonight's TV is reasonable (the Restaurant on BBC 2!) and I have got slightly further with my own work in that I have printed off a sample book review from the Journal website! Tiny steps and all that....

1 comment:

madsadgirl said...

Glad that the day improved, and that you have managed to get on with some of your work. Things will get better; you just have to give life a chance. You're half-way through your second week now; you'll be an old hand before you know it.