Tuesday 2 September 2008

Second day

I got my staff card today: with the requisite hideous picture. It will never see the light of day hopefully.
And, happily for me, I am not in the research group A with all the idiots I can't be bothered with; instead I am in the group I want to be with my favourite person in the law school as chair of my probation committee.
One of the other girls who started with me is extremely confident: the complete opposite of me. She's the one who got the job as one of the reserve candidates. She makes me feel even more silly and stupid. But, I just have to keep reminding myself that I was a first choice candidate and she was not. I will make friends and settle in well but I do not need to be best buddies with everyone as she seems to want to be.

1 comment:

madsadgirl said...

Things seem to be going well. In the group that you wanted to be in, so I guess that means that you will get the support that you wanted for your research.

Don't worry about somebody elses apparent confidence; as you said you were a first choice candidate, just hold on to that thought.