Monday 29 September 2008

Well, after flagging the salary issue (and the lack of PhD but everyone thinking he has one) last week, on Friday his website went live. And he was Dr. This pisses me off big time. I know it may sound silly but people with PhDs work long and hard to get them and it's a huge honour to finally be able to call yourself Dr. After all, we don't like it when complementary therapists use the title Dr when they have no medical training whatsoever, or when architectural technicians call themselves architects (my dad was an architect so I feel that only someone who has undertaken 6 years study and then the requisite training should be able to call themselves architect) it should be the same for PhDs.
Anyway, in the course of today his title was changed to Mr! Hurrah, success. Someone has realised and someone has acted. Wouldn't it be great now if I got shoved up an extra point in the salary scale now!
On the work and other fronts, things aren't so good. The prepping isn't going well at all and my mood isn't that great. My joints (not the artificial one) have been playing up with my knee swelling really badly and my wrists and elbows being sore. The knee will swell now every 8 days for 2/3 days and it will go on like this until it's injected with steroids. No real point in going to my GP with it as no one will want to inject it as it was only done in May before the hip replacement. I'm meant to rest when it's bad, but it's a bit hard to do when I'm working now and because it's so often and so regular I can't really be off or working from home on that regular a basis! I guess it's just something I'll have to factor in.

3 comments:

madsadgirl said...

It looks as though mentioning his lack of a PhD was a really good move. So well done on taking the initiative.

Sorry that things are not going quite so well on other fronts though, and sorry to hear about the pain that you are having to go through at the moment.

Nurse To Doc said...

Hello
Thanks for the support - It's really helpful to know what other people think as we seem to exist in a cocoon at the moment!

Have enjoyed reading your blog and so will be back for more!
xx

BenefitScroungingScum said...

I'm sorry to hear your joints are giving you grief, I hope that settles more as you settle in to work.
BG x