Monday 8 September 2008

Lazing around

I couldn't get motivated today at all. I decided to join the gym this morning and go for a swim and then go into the university at lunch time. Lunch time changed to after lunch and by the time I got up I browsed the net and turned and came home again! Apparently these next few weeks are when I should be getting on with my research so as not to fail my probationary period, but, in spite of having a couple of deadlines, I just cannot muster the interest.

Even joining the gym wasn't easy: I've been a student member of the same gym for the last 4 years. When I joined as a "proper" member I filled in another health questionnaire. The result of that is that I have to now go back to my GP and get her to sign and say I can exercise as I diclosed my hip replacement to them. Having only seen her last week I can't face going back again so soon. It sometimes gets embarrassing as I seem to go so often.

Here's hoping tomorrow is a bit more productive!

No comments: