Wednesday 23 September 2009

if I thought last week was busy...

it had nothing on this week. Last week was my teaching course: bloody awful isn't it. A pile of mumbo jumbo and ticking of boxes. I missed a couple of sessions due to meetings which were a blessing in disguise. And I had an appointment with my rheumatologist to have me joints injected. They weren't swollen when I saw him and they had settled slightly when I saw him so he decided not to. All my blood tests were clear from the last time as well and so he wasn't going to start me on the methotrexate. Then he asked what I thought and I told him the truth. I said that I was afraid that it would start up again and that the last episode had gone on from March. I also said that when they were swollen it made me depressed and with work I was constantly tired and fed up with it all. So he decided from that that he would start me on the lowest dose. I'm not to get pregnant (fat chance: I need a boyfriend of some sort for that) and alcohol other than a very occasional glass of wine is off the menu. So when I see my GP on Monday I will getting my prescription filled for that.

This week I've met with my first year students, gone to an admin meeting and on Friday have a student progress meeting. In between I'm trying to write exams, finalise the syllabus for my module and try and find out how many will be in my module as well as wondering when the admin issues will be sorted out. The whole system falls into disarray every registration time and still they don't learn from it.

No comments: