Monday 16 November 2009

Busy times

I've been horribly busy for the last 2 weeks and there's no sign of it letting up.  I'm busy doing a book review for a friend that I've had for months.  I've also been asked to review a book manuscript for publication by a publisher.  It's due on Thursday and I haven't even started looking at it yet.  I think I'm going to have to ask for a few days etc.  Then next week I have to start preparing a new set of lectures for the following week.  I'm like a walking zombie these days: last Thursday I sleepwalked home and fell into bed at 4 and woke at 8.  I can't seem to get enough quality sleep and I'm exhausted on a daily basis. 

My blood tests for the methotrexate have been OK so far and I'm now down to monthly tests from fortnightly.  I feel slightly ill the day after I take it and can't eat breakfast and a bit nauseous on other days but nothing too severe.  I chopped my hair off because it was coming out in clumps but wasn't visibly thinning.  It's still shedding like crazy but because the hair isn't as long it doesn't look as bad. 

On the mood front I've been a bit up and down and teary as well.  I think work is getting to me and I'm trying not to let it.  I keep telling myself that there's only another few weeks to go and I can get through them.  But sometimes I think I can't and it scares me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You can get through this! You're strong enough to get through anything. I've been through low points a bit like that and I found the best way to get through it is to set tiny achievable goals. You work for it cos you know you can do it and soon you get through things. And if you ever want a random stranger to vent at, I'll happily listen. Helps sometimes to blow off steam to someone who doesn't know you :) Does for me anyway!

Hope this helps,

Just keep going!

Faye x

BenefitScroungingScum said...

I know you can do this! Take it a day at a time, and only plan what you need to do to get to the end of that day.
Sometimes admitting we need help is the hardest part. I'll be thinking of you and sending lots of love
BG Xx