Monday 17 May 2010

Slowly going mental

You know I like students and I enjoy the contact with them, but this practice exam question marking is driving me up the walls.  I've been at it since around noon with a half hour break for lunch (to watch Drs) and I've only managed ten.  I want to go to the gym after tea so I at least leave the house today and to attempt to get the old weight lower on Thursday but at this rate I'll only be half way through the 30 I have to mark (managed to do none over the weekend - was exhausted).  I told them they would have them back by tonight at the latest but I don't want to be sitting up all night at them.  Incidentally the 30 I have to mark does not include the latest 10 I got sent over the weekend!  In one way it's great to see time being spent doing this, in another way I'm feeling a bit put upon that the other lecturer on the course has hardly any stuff to mark because he has gone through no questions and has given no indication as to what could be on the exam.  I, on the other hand, have gone through past papers.  The students are grateful though: it's just a pity that the gratefulness doesn't translate into a few thank you cards that I could show to my probation panel!  A couple of boxes of chocs would be cool as well.  No!  They wouldn't!  Devil, get behind me!

Still no word from university in New City: a lesson in doing a bit more prep for an interview.  There's always next time round but it would have been so nice to get this job even if I turned it down.  Did I mention that my external examiner for my module at my current university was on the panel and he was hot!  Very easy on the eye.  And so unlike his photo on the website!  Definitely more talent there than my current place, sigh. 

1 comment:

BenefitScroungingScum said...

Hmm, talent would so improve the working day ;)
Glad to hear you're so much more positive, even though things are tough. Good luck with weightwatchers, I have every faith in your determination!
Roll on summer hols and end of exams BG Xx